When you are out in the wilderness, a pocket knife can be your best friend. You never know when you will need to cut something or make a shelter out of branches. The Best Pocket Knife for Your Survival is different for everyone, but here’s our list of the top five pocket knives that we think can handle just about anything! In this article, I will provide you the best pocket knives for your regular use.
What is a pocket knife?
A pocket knife is a small, folding blade that fits in the user’s pocket and can be opened by means of a thumb-operated stud. It usually has one or two blades made from carbon steel with a handle either made from wood, metal, bone, or synthetic material such as thermoplastic.
Types of pocket knives
There are different kinds of pocket knives with blades made out of different materials. These include:
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless steel
- Damascus Steel
- Titanium blade knife – Best pocket knife stainless steel, carbon steel, and titanium are the most popular choices for a good quality best folding pocket knife because they’re easy to sharpen and durable. Choose your type depending on what you need it for!
Why you should have a pocket knife?
A pocket knife is one of the most important tools for any person. A good quality best folding pocket knife can be used to perform a variety of tasks, including:
- Cutting through fibrous materials such as rope and cordage
- Stripping wires
- Opening letters and packages without endangering fingers Best Pocket Knife – Best folding knives are not just for cutting things either! Blades can also be employed in other ways like scraping paint or opening lids on jars (or by accident). For this reason, it’s always wise to keep an extra blade handy when you’re out so that if your current one becomes dulled or broken during use, you’ll have a backup at hand.
How to choose the best pocket knife for you?
Choosing the Best Pocket Knife – Best folding knives are not just for cutting things either! Blades can also be employed in other ways like scraping paint or opening lids on jars (or by accident). For this reason, it’s always wise to keep an extra blade handy when you’re out so that if your current one becomes dulled or broken during use, you’ll have a backup at hand.
- When looking for a new knife, there are a couple of factors to consider: size and weight, as well as type of blade. The size and weight will depend on what sort of tasks you might need it for. If you plan to carry your knife with you everywhere then it should be small enough to fit comfortably in most of the cases on your belt.
- The type of blade will depend on how you plan to use it. Do you need a serrated edge for cutting bread? A sawtooth edge for breaking through ice or bone? Straight edges are good all-rounders and work well for most jobs, including making precise cuts when slicing meat or cheese.
Knife features to look for when choosing your best pocket knife
When you plan to buy a pocket knife, consider these factors first.
- Blade Length: How long is the blade? The length of a knife’s blade will affect its weight and how easy it can cut through materials.
- Handle Material: Metal blades are durable, while plastic handles may be more lightweight and comfortable to hold. Best pocket knives usually feature both metal and wood for durability or comfort in various climates.
- Fixed Blade vs Folding Knife: A fixed blade remains rigid so you don’t need to open it each time; a folding knife has hinges that allow it to fold closed when not in use.
-Lockback mechanism: Best pocket knives have a locking mechanism to keep the blade open while in use.
-Assisted opening: Best pocket knives have a mechanism that allows the blade to open automatically with little effort.
-Safety Lock: Best pocket knives will also feature some form of safety lock for safe use.
In Conclusion, when purchasing your next Best Pocket Knife, it is important to consider handle material and locking mechanisms among other things in order to find one that you will feel comfortable and safe using.
Below we list down the top 5 pocket knives of 2021
Rush Deer Folding Knife, Pocket Knife
The Rush Deer EDC pocket knife is a high-quality product designed for everyday use. This durable and sleek blade features both the seatbelt cutter and glass breaker that can be used in emergencies to save lives from car accidents or get out of difficult situations with ease. Lastly, it has convenient access so you’ll never have to worry about forgetting your lifesaver at home again!
This folding pocket knife not only offers one-handed deployment but also is equipped with the thumb Slot for a quick assisted opening. The liner lock safely secures the blade open and prevents unexpected closure, just press down it, and you’ll be able to close your blades very freely.
ALBATROSS EDC Cool Sharp Tactical Folding Pocket Knife
The ALBATROSS COOLED EDC Outdoor Tactical Survival Camping Folding Pocket knife is a lightweight, durable and affordable everyday carry that can also be used for various outdoor activities.
This foldable knife comes with a seatbelt cutter and glass breaker which make it the perfect pocket companion in case of emergency situations. The spring-assisted design means you get one-handed deployment when needed while being securely locked into place by liner lock at all times to keep your blade from opening up unexpectedly on accident!
Just slip this nice little gadget into your pockets as an always handy tool or give them away as great gifts to family members or friends who love camping, hiking, etc.
Smith & Wesson SWMP4LS Assisted Folding Knife
The durable has a blade 8.6 inches (21.8 cm) long and 3.6 inches (9.1 cm) wide, made of high-quality black oxides stainless steel with an aluminum handle inlaid with rubber for comfort and safety during use!
The M .A/G’Ic assisted opening makes it easy to get out on the go! This knife is lightweight at only 7 ounces so it’s great as your EDC; you can have confidence that this blade will not slip because there are locks keeping everything secure.
CRKT Drifter EDC Folding Pocket Knife
The G10 handle is the perfect place to put your grip because of its exceptional qualities.
The gray titanium nitride coating provides enhanced corrosion resistance and a fast opening with one hand is possible with the thumb stud! With this limited lifetime warranty, any defect in materials or workmanship is covered for you at no cost.
Kizer Begleiter2, Folding Pocket Knife
Introducing the Kizer Begleiter2, Folding Pocket Knife! This lightweight and easy-to-use knife have a modern handle and razor-sharp blade.
The drop point edge can be used for EDC tasks such as cutting cardboard or rope with ease while still maintaining its sharpness thanks to its black titanium coating N690 steel blade. A deep carry pocket clip makes carrying this sleek tool more convenient than ever before so you’ll always have your best friend by your side when you need him most!
Tips on how to use your new pocketknife safely
The Best Pocket Knives are a great tool to have on hand, but they should be handled with care and caution in order to avoid injury or harm. The blade edge of Best pocket knives must always be covered when not being used for the safety of yourself and others around you.
In addition, it’s important that dirt or debris is removed before using your new Best Pocket Knife as this could cause someone to get injured if their hands slip while holding onto the handle.
Once any potential threats towards injuries are eliminated by following these steps, then use can commence without worry! It may seem like common sense but many people do not think about how dangerous pocket knives can be until there is an incident that puts them in the hospital and could have been easily avoided.
You’re in the market for a new pocket knife, but don’t know where to start. Don’t worry! We have put together this list of our 5 favorite knives and their specifications so you can choose one that will meet your needs. Leave us a comment below if you want more information about any of these knives or need help choosing which is best for you – we are here to help!